April 12, 2012

DIY: Nails in NEON!



When I attended the GLAM/ Philips blogger event and was introduced to the Satin Perfect, I had my nails painted like this and everyone seemed to love them so when Philips asked me what my ultimate mani/pedi would be, I had to share my fun design.

Step 1:  Exfoliate. Get those dead skin cells off and prep for smooth skin, I used a foot scrub and heel balm.
Step 2:  Get out your tools.  Nail polish remover, cotton balls, nail files, nail/ cuticle trimmers.  
But this time we're using an un-expected tool, fashion tape
Step 3:  File, Buff, Trim, Shape and Wash.  
Step 4:  Choose your color.  While becoming slightly addicted to Pinterest (ok, really addicted) I was inspired to create a similar mani I had found using this seasons best trend, neon.  I started with a nude shade and finally opted for Essie's Brooch the Subject because it was a bit warmer and matched my skin tone better.  My neon choice was Pinkest by POP
Step 5:  Create.  Apply two coats of the base color, I chose a nude shade, but you could go a bit more wild and do two shades of neon.  Make sure your nails are thoroughly dry, I waited about 30 minutes. Then take your fashion tape and stick it on at an angle. After the first nail, make sure you keep the same angle for repeating nails.  
Step 6:  Pedi time!  After maybe another 20-30 minutes when your nails are fully dry then repeat step 1 & 3 and choose a fab neon to match for your toes.  I ended up using this same neon pink, I like to keep my toenails short but if you prefer yours a bit longer then maybe you can even try this same design on your tootsies!  After your nails and toes are fully dry then you can clean off the polish you may of gotten on your skin. (yes, I took these pics before I finished step 6)
Step 7:  Go shopping and buy some new sandals for summer to show off your pretty pedi!

What are your beauty routines when it comes to mani/pedis? Do you enjoy a day alone with your favorite tunes or do you prefer a girls night in while sipping champagne? 

Enter the Style Your Spring Sweepstakes at www.beauty.philips.com and you can 
WIN mani/pedi kits, designer swimwear or a $1,500 shopping spree 
to help you feel fab this summer!  Yes ladies, summer is near so bare those legs 
and be confident in your own skin.  

Philips Satin Perfect is an innovative solution for women who are looking for a simple, at-home hair removal tool to ensure they are ready for any outfit at a moment’s notice. Satin Perfect is a cordless, total body epilator that removes even the shortest hairs in one stroke, so skin stays silky smooth for up to four weeks. It includes an extra-wide epilation head with textured ceramic discs to remove even the finest and shortest (.5MM) hairs. 
Visit www.Beauty.Philips.com for more information on Philips female hair removal products.

“Compensation was provided by Philips via Glam Media. 
The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Philips.”




No comments :